Friday, September 9, 2016

Rio Olympics

My Brazilian friends have just sent me greetings from Rio de Janeiro where they just arrived to attend the Paralympic Games! Thank you guys and enjoy the games!!

I watched the Opening Ceremony of both of the Olympic Games in Rio. Both of them were amazing. The first big Olympics Opening Ceremony was fantastic and very original. I specially liked the part about Brazilian history.

The TV host explained that Brazil is the only country where we can not find ghettos. (You know ghettos like Chinese town, Korean town or districts where live many people from certain ethnic groups) The immigrants who arrived to Brazil, they assimilated into the community during first or second generations. It is their tradition. I liked it very much. It might explain the mix of nations, the mixed culture, music, Samba, their joy of life, friendliness and tolerance.

The large and powerful country with a beautiful nature, Amazon rainforest where live more than 200 tribes of indigenous people who speak in 188 different indigenous languages, where there still live many uncontacted tribes, the beautiful seas, ocean, beaches...The nice, happy, friendly people, their diversity and unity... Beautiful Copacabana beach, I fell in love with Brazil, who didn't?!

Amazing, my friends just texted me from Rio that they are going to watch Goalball competition. They said that Goalball is a sport which was created for blind people. It sounds interesting, I did not know about that. So I hope to watch some competitions on TV. Usually TV stations do not pay much attention to the Paralympic Games.

As my friend said Paralympic Games need as much attention as other Olympic Games. We all should support these people who had gone through difficult situations in their lives but did not give up and moved on even became Olympic athletes.






2 comments:

  1. Really nice writing skills. Keep it up. Thanks for letting me know about Ghettos. Brazil sounds incredible country.
    And I totally think in concurrent to your views about paying attention to para Olympic

    ReplyDelete